So it Was
by PamFord Davis

Are you making a list and checking it twice?

No, I don't refer to things you want to receive for Christmas.

Nope, I'm not asking for a list of gifts that you need to buy.

Give up?

Are you making a 'mental list' of what you need to make this year a perfect Christmas celebration?

I assume that Mary had made a mental list of all she would need. The delivery of the incarnate Son of God was imminent. Every expectant mom wants everything to be ready and prepares far in advance

"And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This census first took place while Quirinius was governing Syria. So all went to be registered, everyone to his own city. Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his betrothed wife, who was with child. So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling clothes, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn (Luke 2:1-7 NKJ)."

Mary laid aside her mental list and 'so it was' less than perfect surroundings. Yet, she delivered the perfect sacrifice. Mary birthed the spotless Lamb of God. And so it was

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print