A Thankful Life
by Susan Ferguson

It is good to give thanks to the Lord, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High. (Psalm 92:1 NKJV)

It's easy to give thanks when life is going well. Ironically, this is the time when we're least likely to count our blessings. What about when life goes wrong? It's when we're faced with hardship that we need gratitude the most.

In troubled times, gratitude doesn't come naturally for us, but it can be developed. With each new day, we can make the choice to be thankful. Choosing to be thankful can shape gratitude in our hearts. Thankfulness can transform our lives. The problem that once drove us to despair takes its rightful place behind our blessings. Giving thanks can make us stop and take notice of what we do have.

When life is hard, let us be thankful that Jesus will be with us through every trial we face. Let us be thankful for God's strength that brought us through the day and will bring us through tomorrow. Let us be thankful that God is sovereign and in control and can bring good out of our circumstances. Let us praise our Lord Jesus Christ for taking our sins upon Himself and giving us the gift of eternal life. Jesus is worthy of our praise in both good times and bad.

Father, thank You for all Your blessings. You are the giver of every good and perfect gift. Thank You for Jesus, the greatest gift of all. In Jesus' name. Amen.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print