God alone is trustworthy
by Henry Miranda


Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths."

Do you know anyone that you could trust with your life, your money, family, your home? You trust someone because of their character. Someone who has good integrity, honesty, faithfulness, etc. Trust is only as good as the one you put your trust in.

How do you know who you can trust? You know because when you put trust in a person you know that he has a good track record of integrity, honesty, and faithfulness.

That's the kind of life that God promises. It's the kind of life that you can have achieve. It begins with trust. It involves acknowledging God in every way and knowing that all of God's promises offer a secure life.

We live in a world that is full of uncertainties so to trust someone is very scary. Trust can never be given to just anyone, especially if he has a repetition of being untrustworthy. I don't think you can just trust anybody.

When we pursue a course of action, it could be, a financial decision, a business, a relationship, or an educational choice, it should be founded on our trust in God. For God knows everything about our lives and will always make the right decision for us. It's always better to trust God than ourselves in certain situations. God requires us to trust in Him when temporarily the situation looks bad.

Trusting God wholeheartedly in every area of our lives gives our lives a sense of purpose and priority. It makes daily decision-making an easier and less painful task, making your paths straight. A straight path suggests a life that has less of sinful compromises and more of wholesome attitudes, actions, and behavior.

I have a friend that has been addicted to drugs most of his life, but he would read his Bible in the morning and he also attended church from time to time. One day he decided to clean up his act and start looking for a job. He did odd jobs just to support his habit. He decided to stop taking drugs and to trust God to find him a job. He made several for a whole week, he submitted applications. And when he didn't get a job that first week he blamed God. Basically, he gave up on God, because he did not trust God enough to provide him with a job. He said he wanted nothing to do with God. He stopped reading the Bible and stop going to church.

Another example would be my brother-in-law who trusted God for a job. But he never went out to look for a job. He just depended on God for a job. He would sit on the front porch and wait on the Lord. Of course he never got a called for a job because he needed to go out and seek one. Do you think that waiting on the Lord means that things will happen automatically? Of course not! We have to do our part. We need to step out in faith and trust believing that God will provide a way.

When you trust God you have to wait on Him.

Psalms 118:8 (NKJV)

"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man."






Evangelist Henry Miranda earned a Bachelor of Christian Ministry degree @ Christian Leadership University. Evangelist Henry Miranda is a Bible Teacher, Author, and Guest Speaker and, with the help of the Holy Spirit, has written ten books. You can reach @  //www.evangelize-for-jesus-ministries.co

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print