Discontent
by PamFord Davis

God has opened my eyes. The devil is in the breeding business. No, he is not breeding cats, dogs, or a rare breed of horses. He has no interest in breeding four-footed friends. Satan targets you and me; as master of deception, he breeds discontent.

Eve was his first experimental model. She and Adam had an abundance of fruit in the Garden of Eden from which to sample and choose. After the serpent's temptation, a feeling of discontent came over Eve; she lusted for more.

"So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate (Genesis 3:6a NKJ)." Discontent made the Father's forbidden fruit desirable.

What did Jesus say?

"Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses (Luke 12:15b NKJ)."

While the devil breeds discontent, Christ Jesus is producing a growing sense of peace and contentment in my spirit.

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen (Philippians 4:19-20 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print