Dramatic Entrance
by PamFord Davis

In the past, the due date of a baby was pretty much a hit or miss calculation. Today, many obstetricians schedule a delivery date, admit the expectant mom into a hospital, induce labor and deliver the child naturally or in many cases, through c-section [cesarean].

I delivered our second child, a son, on January 10 of 1971. 'Lee' arrived a week or two before the doctor had estimated as the due date. Three weeks later, one of my friends delivered her son three weeks past his due date. I felt so sorry for her

Many medical authorities say it is beneficial for a child to go full term before its delivery. Funny, many mothers who anxiously await their child's birth sense the baby will come when it is good and ready, not a day before!

I went into labor for Lee on Saturday, January 9, 1971. Learning that it was the birthday of our nations serving President, Richard Nixon, I thought that would be a noteworthy day to give birth. It seemed unlikely that I would wait until January 12, the birthday of my father-in-law.

As aforementioned, Lee was born on January 10, 1971. He went full term and apparently, he was ready to make his dramatic entrance.

Jesus, the Son of God made His 'first' arrival into our world in the fullness of time. I am confident that his second coming will also be right on the Father's schedule.

"But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the Law, in order that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons (Galatians 4:4-5 NAS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print