Direction
by Cyril Almond

As Christians we often look for direction in the wrong place. A project that we have thought about, suddenly needs to be done. This is often without a thought about the timing of God.

Or indeed if what we have in mind, is of God at all, it is so easy for us to be sidetracked. Then the one thing that we have convinced ourselves, that God wants done now. Needs wisdom and discernment from the throne of Grace.

Solomon in 1. KINGS CHAPTER 3, in verse 5. God appeared to Solomon in a dream. He spoke to him and said. Ask! what shall i give you. What a lovely thing to happen to anyone, for God to ask them that.

But you see God had seen the heart of Solomon. who was a young King who had taken his Fathers throne. I say taken because Solomon had a rival by name of Adonijah. All Israel thought he would be King. But God chose Solomon, so Solomon in verse 9. Asked for an understanding heart that he may discern between good and evil.

Verse 11. God said to Solomon, because you have asked this thing. You have not asked for long life for yourself, you have not asked for for riches for yourself. You have not asked for for the life of your enemies. But have asked for yourself understanding to discern justice.

In verse 12 God granted Solomon what he asked for. Then in verse 13. God gave him what he did not ask for. We all know that God made Solomon the richest King on earth.

Now what has all this to do with us. Well if we ask God for wisdom and discernment. That little idea that we have been thinking about for some time. May well be in the will of God, but you see our timing for that vision. Could grow into something much bigger. How? because we asked for wisdom and discernment first and not for ourselves. Then Jesus will nod his approval and the Holy Spirit will bring it to pass. Far far more that we ever thought of.

My website www.gabrielshouse .co.uk

Face Book gabrielshouse. I am a retired Pastor. I now help in a leadership team. Still preach and teach at 83. God is so good to me. I go on the streets and keep divine appointments. In these end times we need to do that.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print