Innate Drive
by PamFord Davis

We have an innate drive for self-preservation. Naturally, there are exceptions to the rule; some may see death as an escape from troubles. Most try to hang on to their lives as long as they possibly can.

Seeing aging as an enemy that begins a downward spiral to dying, many flock to natural food stores, spas, cosmetic counters and plastic surgeons. History records adventurers searching for a fountain of youth.

Why should I search for an unattainable mythical fountain? I cannot regain my youth; that time was fleeting. I turn to the fountain of life. God has not hidden the fountain away in a remote corner of the earth. He is the source of the fountain.

"How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, and You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures. For with You is the fountain of life; in your light we see light (Psalms 36:7-9 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print