Whoa
by PamFord Davis

Though foreign to a saddle, I have watched countless old westerns.

No doubt, I would feel right at home in the Wild West. The writers and directors knew what their fans liked. Wisely, they did not tamper with success. It would be interesting to learn how many times teams of horses ran off with a frightened female in a buckboard seat.

The heroine grasped the reins in slender hands but could never get control of the bolting horses.

The likes of Roy Rogers, Gene Autry and John Wayne came to the rescue. Upon trustee horses, they chased runaway teams with buckboards. Arriving alongside, our heroes jumped from horses to land next to a frantic woman. Taking the reins, they pulled back forcefully with the command, 'Whoa!"

I could play double for frantic females. Sometimes, I feel like life speeds out of control; I try to rein in my anxieties but it is to no avail. How can I compete against the horsepower of my heart aflutter? I'd lose before even entering the competition. The solution remains unchanged. Hand over the reins.

"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings (Jeremiah 17:9-10 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print