5 Steps to Becoming an Overcomer in Christ
by stephanie reck

There is a real spiritual battle that rages, and some days it can feel like we are losing the war. These are difficult times for the Christian, and the warfare seems to be increasing. The enemy will increase the pressure and circumstances around you, so that you will lose your strength and eventually turn from your faith in Christ.

So, then how can we overcome our trials and the battles that ensues us?

Steps to becoming an overcomer:

1. Realize that God will see you out of every battle that comes your way. It may not "feel" like it at first, but God is waging war with His heavenly hosts on your behalf. Your job is to remain in prayer and faith as the victory comes.

2. Don't react to what the enemy is showing you or telling you. The enemy will use anyone, including people in your family. Take every matter into prayer, but do not react to what is shown to you or spoken to you. Even if what you are being told or shown is appearing very real, don't react to it.

3. Never give up! You may "feel" like you are defeated, but the warfare WILL end. Stand firm until the battle that you're under has shifted off.

4. Renew your mind in the Word of God, and spend time in the presence of God. Get alone with God, and let Him wash over your fears and give you a strategic plan to overcome. Do not try and figure out how you can win your battles, but seek wisdom from God.

5. When a battle comes your way, it is important not to talk to many people about it, discussing and rehearsing with them your situation. It is great to have wise counsel, but sometimes we just need to 'run to the throne and not the phone." This is important because sometimes people are giving us their different opinions, and we can end up confused.

No matter what come against you, God says in His word, "These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage: I have overcome the world." John 16:33. In ALL things we are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ (Romans 8:37). Greater in Jesus who is in you than he who is in the world. (1 John 5:5).

He who overcomes, I will grant him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. Revelation 3:21

And they overcame him because of the blood of the lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death. Revelation 12:11

Stephanie R. Reck, LMSW, LBT, BCCC
Stephanie Reck, Coaching & Consultation Services
www.stephaniereck.com
[email protected]
Stephanie Reck Coaching & Consultation Services, @2024
Author of, "Disciplining Your Mind 30 Days to a Better You!"

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print