Daughter
by PamFord Davis

'Daughter' It has been too many years since I have answered to that name.

Mom died in 1999 and Dad followed in 2002. Though both are deceased, I still hold the middle daughter position, of Frank and Betty Ford. The word daughter implies relationship through family ties. There is both a binding legality and a bonding through love.

Recently, through the Lord's still small voice I heard the endearing name.

'Daughter'

"And he said unto her, 'Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace (Luke 8:48)."

The Holy Spirit, as Comforter brought this passage to mind. It served as both a reminder and reassurance. I am a child of God; I became his daughter through faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior. I made that faith commitment on October 22, 1967. I was born again; Jesus made me whole.

Meditate on the Luke passage: chapter 8, verses 43-48. It details the dilemma of a woman with a chronic illness. Her money had run out, leaving her feeling disillusioned in medicine. Yet, she had a surplus of faith in the Great Physician. Putting that faith into action, she touched Jesus' garment. He immediately healed her, making her physically whole.

Until I surrendered my life to Christ, I was empty. He filled that emptiness; he made me whole.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print