Stop Running Over Jesus
by Gregory John Monroe

The news story said that a grandmother backed her car out of the garage. She didn't see her 3 yr. old grandson dart behind the car. She ran over him, killing him.

Don't you know that she'll think about her grandson every time she approaches her car; perhaps checking behind the car before getting into it, and always slowly inching backwards? Or perhaps she'll never drive again. What happened before can never happen again, according to her heart.

In the same way should we be thoughtful and careful about sin. We want to avoid it. Otherwise it'll have us run over Jesus-again and again.

All of Christianity agrees that it is our sins that killed Jesus. And I maintain that each time we sin we add weight to Jesus' agony on the cross, even though He hung on it two thousand years ago. Put another way, two thousand years ago, He felt the sins we commit today and in the future.

That became practical because God, the Father, transcends time. His position outside of it is probably like being in a "now" moment that spans the length of time. Perhaps that's why he refers to Himself as "I AM." Therefore, He was able to put all humanity's past, present, and future sins on Jesus.

Anyway, I think back to how that grandmother must have felt at her grandson's funeral: the sadness and gut wrenching regret; emotions you think we would feel when we visualize Jesus' death on that cross.

If we find ourselves not experiencing grief and sorrow and heartfelt appreciation, then we are not spending enough time at the cross. For the more we get to know Jesus, and behold Him and meditate on His sacrifice; the more His death will impact our hearts. And then we'll stop running over Him-again and again.

Many will be shocked by Gregory's book, The Three Angels' Message. It ID's Antichrist and the "mark of the beast," and the role both are playing today in the end-time issue of worship. The book's biblical  & historical proof can't be denied. Get more info now at http://www.tinyurl.com/6pk3pyq

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print