No Greater Love
by PamFord Davis

'Put your money where your mouth is!'

The act of taking our money from a billfold, swiping a credit card or affixing a signature on a personal check is visible proof. We are ready to make a major purchase. Until we exchange money, it is mere talk.

In anticipation, car dealers wait with pen in hand trying to persuade the hesitant to sign a contractual agreement. I propose we coin another phrase.

'Put your sacrifice where your heart is.'

Flippantly, many say that they would do anything for someone dear to them. Only a few selfless individuals would actually risk their time, possessions and personal safety to fulfill their pledge.

Jesus Christ put His life on the line. There is no greater love.

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends (John 15:13 NKJ)."

His heart, life and sacrificial death were as one.

"Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father (John 10:17-18 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print