God and I Like Apples
by Bob Valleau

I was a part-time church leader in youth ministry for ten years. I helped teenagers understand God's love for them. Occasionally, I would volunteer to teach Sunday school to younger kids. One time, a seven-year-old girl walked up to me, after class, and asked, "Mr. Baloo, what would you do if I died?"

My heart sank. I couldn't believe what I was hearing from a such a young, beautiful girl.

Before answering, I squatted before her and looked into her big blue eyes. I wondered what would cause her to ask such an important question. Perhaps she had a difficult home life, or maybe she was being bullied at school or she just didn't like herself.

"I would be very, very sad because I care about you, and so does God," I said. "Did you know God says you are the apple of His eye?"

"Apple? I like apples. What does that mean?"

"It means He thinks you're special. You are one-of-a-kind. There is no one else in the world exactly like you. Let me ask, how do you feel when you give someone a picture you drew or colored?"

"I feel good. I feel happy."

"That's exactly how God felt when He created you. Now, every time He sees you, He smiles. He drew you perfectly, and He colored your life with people who care about you."

"Oh. Okay."

I think she understood what I was saying, and I was satisfied. When her mom arrived, she ran to her and said, "Guess what, Mommy?

"What, darling?"

"God and I like apples."

Bob Valleau has over 30 years of writing experience for the Christian market. He was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, Texas) by the American Christian Writers Association. He is the author of four books. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print