Cars, Computers and Cell Phones
by Janet Riley

Anytime that life is going too smoothly and that I am doing fine, one of these items - which I call the -3C's- will act up to remind me that life is an adventure.

My computer at work decided not to send or receive email several weeks ago. After a frantic call for technical support, I could send and receive emails if I remembered to manually activate my send and receive (which should work automatically).

Next on my computer's agenda was deciding not to let me create or delete any folders or subfolders in my email. I need to be able to that on a daily basis, for projects I start and finish. Then it decided to tell me I had created a folder, which I could not see, so it would not let me create another one with the same title.

To see the folders and receive email required the deleting the resetting of some computer settings, which caused email I had already read and deleted to reappear, and I had to sort through it again.

During this whole process I did wonder if I had made the mistake of praying for patience, but I honestly could not remember making that mistake.

After several weeks, my computer began to somewhat behave, so then it was time for another "C" to strike.

I went out after work and my car started, then stalled, then started, then stalled. I keep my car maintained on a regular basis, and had not needed it towed for several years until one Thursday night. I had it towed, got the bad news the next day and got a loaner car while it was being fixed.

Now I am wondering when my cell phone, the last of the 3 C's, will act up. I had better write down all the appointments I keep in my calendar and be sure my contact list is backed up.

I have a theory that the 3 C's - Cars, Computers, and Cell Phones, are in my life to keep me humble and laughing at myself. Need to have that sense of humor while asking God to help me fix or cope with the 3 C's.

(C) Janet Riley, 2014. I know God as a personal God who communicates with us, if we listen. I am starting on a Christian writing career and open to where God leads me. Please review my other articles at FaithWriters. I would like to hear from you. Please email at [email protected].

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print