Introduction and Testimony
by Janet Riley

I made my initial commitment to Jesus when I was a youngster watching a Billy Graham show on my grandmother's old black and white TV. I attended church sporadically, and got away from the Lord in college. After I was in graduate school and working, I began to wonder if that was all life had to offer. I started looking for God, without always knowing what I was looking for.

I met God in a very personal way with the Baptism of the Holy Spirit in 1981. I wanted to learn how to love God's way and I asked Him to teach me. I also asked Him to pick a husband for me. I did not want to wind up divorced like my parents. I met my future husband at a charismatic prayer meeting.

I know God has a sense of humor due to the husband He gave me. When I turned 40, he called my work and told them I was 50. They put "Janet is 50" signs all over and black paper all over my office.

God also taught me a definition of unconditional love. Love is an act of the will. It is not an emotion. When I decide to love you, it is like there is a radio button in me with your name on it. It is a function of my life to be concerned with your physical, social, emotional and spiritual well being.

In my working career, I worked for three federal agencies and for the state of Washington. As a volunteer, I have helped people look for jobs, tutored seniors on computers, and helped others with information and resources.

I am also a Christian writer. God has blessed me with gifts from the Holy Spirit to share with others. I am an extrovert and I love to share what God has taught me. I just recently retired and am open to what adventures God has for me. May God bless you as you read the articles I have on Faithwriters. Please email me at [email protected] with your thoughts.

(C) Janet Riley, 2014. I know God as a personal God who communicates with us, if we listen. I am starting on a Christian writing career and open to where God leads me. Please review my other articles at FaithWriters. I would like to hear from you. Please email at [email protected].

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print