4 Ways to Serve Your Church
by Patricia Coldiron

When you serve in your church, you share the love of God with others. Sharing God's love not only makes others feel good, but you'll also grow in your own Christian walk. Read in 1 Peter 4:10, how God expects us to use our spiritual gifts. "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms."

Here are 4 ways to serve in your church:

Worship Service

A worship service consists of much more than the pastor's sermon, and there is always a need for communion assistants, ushers, and readers. If you enjoy children, you may be interested in teaching Sunday school or helping out in a classroom.

Door Greeter

You may be the first person people see when they arrive for church, so it is important to have a big smile on your face as you shake hands. Some people are discouraged, and seeing a friendly face that radiates with God's love can really brighten up their day.

Provide Transportation

Elderly members of the congregation who may be in a retirement or nursing home, enjoy coming to church, but may not have transportation to attend services. This is also a good way to make new friends, and could also result in new opportunities to share God's love with other residents.

Behind the Scenes

If you don't enjoy being front and center in the worship service, there are plenty of opportunities to serve behind the scenes. Making cookies for a bake sale, staffing the church library, or helping with a children's play are just a few of the ways you can serve your church in a quieter role.

Copyright 2015

I have always felt called to write for God, and I enjoy sharing my knowledge with others. 

After many years in the corporate world, I am living my dream of writing full-time.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print