Bare Necessities
by PamFord Davis

I hate grocery shopping. If I had Carte blanche line of credit that would be different. Money is always the issue, when living on a fixed income we try to buy only the necessities. Okay, just what are necessities? Funny, two of mine are several isles apart; yet, both start with the letter T. I consider both tea and toilet paper bare necessities.

Should I buy in bulk or merely purchase enough to meet weekly need? Though I'm inclined to fill my shopping-cart with tea & toilet paper purchases, I refrain. Small amounts are sufficient. Not only would I have a problem at the checkout counter but also trying to find room to store them when I get back home. In the spiritual realm, I glory in needs met and God's sufficiency!

"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print