You Are
by Judy Sims

I must be the most spoiled of God's children. I say that out of reflection from an event that happened just today.

For the past 4 years, I've been out there driving up and down, across and back again, every highway across this nation, this U.S. While my daughter and grandson established a new life in this small town in Arizona, I remained a stranger as I only saw home about 3 days out of each year.

I've stopped that merry-go-round and home at last. I'm not much of a socialite and so it's taking time to get to know the folks at this little church, where my daughter has been attending. As I learn about the individuals, as well as the church itself, I keep finding myself sitting with a gaping mouth in wonder.

It seems there is a young mother, in the church, who thinks I don't like her. It's the strangest thing that simply because I had not accompanied my daughter to help with a project at the church, this young woman thinks she somehow offended me.

Seeing the puzzled look on my face, as I heard about this crazy news, my daughter also explained to me that this woman seems ashamed that her husband has a pot belly and that she was surprised when my daughter praised her young son.

While I mentally scratched my head, I asked my daughter, "Are we spoiled"?
"We must be the most confident, level headed folks in this whole town!"

What was this, I was hearing? This on top of other things I have witnessed and heard around this group has me standing back wondering if this lack of confidence permiates the church. Is this true? Where does it come from?

Do you mind if this old lady leans back while she explains something to you young folks? Something wonderful and very true.

Do you know who you are? I mean, truly understand what you mean to the Lord? You should have your head in the clouds, every waking moment of your life!

Here's the facts, ma'am-sir. You are the jewel of God's eye. You represent everything God desires. He lives through you and in you and He is happy to do so.

He loves you so much He was willing to sacrifice Himself in your stead. What does that tell you? That you should walk this earth with a turned down head? Absolutely not!

You are His children. Sons and daughters of the most high. Does that sink into that thick skull?

We say "Worthy is the Lamb" and He says, "Worthy is My bride". It's a two way street, just like in marriage. Why do you think God designed marriage? Is it not His expression of His desired relationship with us? It goes two ways.

Are you worthy of that adoration? Yes! Jesus says so. His own blood makes it so. It is so!

Are you the pitiful, insignificant mortal being lost in the billions walking this earth? No, you are not. You are His pride and joy and He desires that you act like it.

Does it matter what the neighbor thinks of you? No, it does not. As long as you walk in righteousness, head up so the Lord can see your face, then the most important thing in this universe is what your Father thinks of you and you already know what He thinks. The Word tells you.

There is no grey area in that, no excusing you to make you worthy of His love. It's all white! All white!

It doesn't matter who you are, what you've done, what you've thought, your color, your nationality, your circumstances. What He fixes is fixed indeed.

Don't hang your head down, pick it up. Let the light shine on your beautiful face, knowing the Lord enjoys seeing you. His delight is when one of His own says, "I belong to the Father" with confidence. What father doesn't delight in this?

We speak His Words with confidence. How joyous is that to a father? We say, "Jesus doesn't like that" because we are one of His own and who would know better than us?

Be a team player. Be His child. Be His awaited bride. Be in love, He certainly is. Be confident. You can do it.

Stand up and be His cherished, adored child. That's what the Lord desires. Test it and see that I am right. Don't wait for it, claim it today. He will walk with you.

Deut. 2:24

Judy Sims

The Lord is on me to share my story, to write for the hurting and to help the confused push away the clouds.

I've begun sharing my writing according to the Lord's timing. He's calling His children.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print