The Bible Lady
by Gregory John Monroe

She, this black woman, walked along a major road in her community. On her head was a straw, wide-brimmed hat. On top of the hat was attached an umbrella with a little less than a half-foot handle. She wore multi-colored socks and a blue-jean dress; the length of which almost touched the top of her white tennis shoes. Her lips moved as she read from the Bible.

Driving by, that was the first time I saw her. I wasn't a Christian then. I thought her to be a crazy woman.

This scene repeated itself throughout the three years that I worked in the area. I returned to that job some fifteen years later, and sure enough there she was: walking; reading; talking to the Bible as she read it.

By this time I had become a Christian, and I viewed her as a devout woman.

A couple of years later, a local newspaper article reported that, eyes looking down into her Bible, she stepped out in front of a car and into eternity.

She was known in the community as the Bible Lady. Newspaper interviews with those who knew her, told not only of her love for God, but of her willingness and eagerness to tell others of God's love for them. During her daily walk, it turns out that a particular delight for her was to listen to and give godly counsel to the young students on her route as they waited for their school bus.

The students loved her; the neighbors loved her; and I found myself loving her though I never met her.

But I plan to remedy that when I get to heaven. The Bible Lady will be one of the first ones I'll search for.

Many will be shocked by Gregory's book, The Three Angels' Message. It ID's Antichrist and the "mark of the beast," and the role both are playing today in the end-time issue of worship. The book's biblical  & historical proof can't be denied. Get more info now at http://www.tinyurl.com/6pk3pyq

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print