Go Power
by PamFord Davis

You know you are getting old when your giddy up-go begins to sputter. My husband Norm and I have always had the wandering spirit, traveling at every opportunity and pulling up roots to relocate. We both still look forward to trips, even for morning excursions. My acceleration speed is much the same but by the time I reach our destination; I meet cousin of jetlag, auto lag.

I get weary. Now that you understand my situation, add more miles to the travel. It is a full-blown trip. I will be out of town for several days become exhausted and return home with a mountain of dirty laundry, meals to prepare and articles to write. My giddy-up go has up and gone. This, ladies and gentleman describes the travail of travel.

With the go-power of the LORD, Elijah outran a chariot.

"Then Elijah said, 'Go and tell Ahab, Get [your chariot] ready and go down so the rain doesn't stop you.' In a little while, the sky grew dark with clouds and wind, and there was a downpour. So Ahab got in [his chariot] and went to Jezreel. The power of the LORD was on Elijah, and he tucked his mantle under his belt and ran ahead of Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel (1 Kings 18:44b-46 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print