God's Perfect and Permissive Will
by Janet Riley

We were created by God with free will. As a disciple of Christ, I have learned that the Holy Spirit is a gentleman. He will not enter territory that we have not agreed to turn over to Him.

I know that I am in God's permissive will when it comes to my weight. I tend to use food for comfort, and eat when I am stressed. I do not always eat the way I should. Too much pizza and not enough vegetables.

I know that I am in God's permissive will when it comes to exercise. I have not been exercising on a consistent basis. I have joined a gym with my friend to make myself more accountable and have someone to go with. I am trying to find friends to go on walks, and to go swimming with.

I prayed for God's perfect will in a spouse. I wanted Him to pick my husband for me. I did not want to wind up divorced like my parents. We met at a prayer meeting and were married for over twenty years before he passed. Now that I am a widow, I am asking God for His perfect will for my life. Would I be better off single to serve him better, or does he have someone else for me?

I prayed for God's perfect will in my career. He led me into a career in the federal government that prepared me for a job I wanted to take later on the west coast to be near my family and my mother before she passed.

I am praying for God's perfect will now that I am retired. I want Him to set the priorities for any part-time and volunteer work I do.

I am praying for God's perfect will in my friends. Through the Holy Spirit, He connected me with Christian women I am now in a weekly bible study with.

We follow the perfect will of God when we are fully submitted to Him in that area of our lives. When we are not fully submitted to Him in an area of our lives, then we are in His permissive will.

(C) Janet Riley, 2014. I know God as a personal God who communicates with us, if we listen. I am starting on a Christian writing career and open to where God leads me. Please review my other articles at FaithWriters. I would like to hear from you. Please email at [email protected].

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print