Keep the Godly Faith
by Vanessa Grossett

There are times in our Christian walk where our faith is low, especially when we're waiting for a manifestation of something. In these situations we normally go back to the Word, and remind ourselves in whom we have put our trust. Though a person's faith maybe low at least they still trust in God, as having low faith doesn't mean it has disappeared.

But when God gives you what you want and your success is at its peak, doors upon doors are opening, will you still have faith in God, or rely on your own self?

If you are a writer you have often seen the term no unsolicited manuscripts, especially with large publishing houses and even some agents, who are Christians.

Upon questioning some of these houses and agents I asked them why they won't take on new authors. "We just can't take the risk," was one response. "But where is your faith?" I asked. "If you say you're a Christian, I am assuming you believe in a miracle working God. The God who led His people out from Egypt, the God who raised the dead? Have you even prayed about whether you should take on an author or have you allowed money to overtake your faith, and are now relying on yourself gratification?" Ouch! I must have trended on a few toes.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that a Company should take on everybody, of course they can't. But when an organisation won't take a 'risk' on a person they believe won't bring them material success, then tell me where is the Godly faith in that?

It is not just publishers or agents that can lose Godly faith when they are successful it is also authors. Recently I was approached by a well known author who wanted to leave her agent, because she believed they were more concerned about the money than her, whether that is true or not, I don't know. "You seem really genuine," she told me, "I really like you I have a good feeling about you, a very good one. But you have no NYT bestsellers on your list."

"My authors will become NYT bestsellers, and I don't choose an author because of money, I chose them because in my heart God has told me too. He connected us I go by faith. Money will come, but my foundation is strong because it's in God."

Though she kept saying she liked me, she was so caught up in self than what God was telling her to do. This is ironic because the very thing she was running away from, she ended going back too.

The Bible says, without faith it is impossible to please God. Brethren don't lose faith in God especially when you become successful; you see when we become successful that is when pride can come, boasting in our own merits, forgetting that it is God that brought us where we are and it is God that can humble us. Be willing to take chances if God tells you to do them. Think about it, with God as your leader what could possible go wrong? That's right nothing.

On Christ the solid rock we stand all other ground is sinking sand, and with that said brethren keep the Godly faith in all you do.

'Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us.' Ephesians 3:20.


Vanessa Grossett is a Literary Agent, and contributing writer for multi award winning Keep The Faith Magazine. She is also Outstanding Business Woman Finalist of 2017, visit www.theauthorscare.co.uk 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print