Have To, Hope To?
by PamFord Davis

Do I say what I mean & mean what I say? I try to be a woman of my word but am only human; sometimes I speak before thinking instead of wisely thinking before speaking.

As an example, "I have to go to church." That implies that someone is forcing me to go against my will. That is not the case.

I hope to go to church!

"As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for Thee, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; when shall I come and appear before God? My tears have been my food day and night, while they say to me all day long, 'Where is your God?' These things I remember, and I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go along with the throng and lead them in procession to the house of God, with the voice of joy and thanksgiving, a multitude keeping festival (Psalms 42:1-4 NAS)."

Multitudes of the LORD's faithful servants are elderly, infirmed and homebound. They reminisce about days gone by and sorely miss the privilege of going to church.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print