Insomniac
by PamFord Davis

Sleepless nights stem from a variety of root causes. I seldom have trouble falling asleep; during those rare occasions of tossing and turning, I am able to sympathize with those who battle insomnia. I wonder how effective the counting of sheep actually is; does the Guinness Book of World Records contain the name of an insomniac along with an astronomical number of counted sheep? Is there a better way to pass the hours?

"When I remember You on my bed, I mediate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice. My soul follows close behind You; Your right hand upholds me (Psalms 63:6-8 NKJ)."

The psalmist was keenly aware of who his helper was. Instead of occupying himself with meaningless woolgathering, he meditated on the LORD God. Recalling God's faithfulness as he did, God restored his soul. Rejoicing routed the enemy as he felt the gentle pressure of LORD lifting his spirit. Glory came down and praise went up! I have a new appreciation for sleepless nights; they provide opportunities to commune with our God, who never sleeps.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print