Leadership Lessons Daily 45
by ETURUVIE EREBOR

Scripture Passage: Exodus 14:5-30
Quit While You're Ahead
Pharaoh was a leader who did not know when to quit and it cost him the life of his son, the lives of his warriors and his own life. He had plenty of time to quit and let Israel go but in spite of the plagues he continued to hold them bound. When his son died, he let them go but quickly changed his mind and chased after them with all the chariots in Egypt. When the sea parted to let Israel through, Pharaoh should have quit but he didn't; he followed Israel through the midst of the parted sea which was in itself a huge mistake since he didn't know how the water had parted, how to keep it parted or for how long it would stay parted. Finally, Pharaoh and his men realised their error and decided to quit, they said, "let us flee from the face of Israel for the Lord fighteth for them against the Egyptians." However, it was too late.
The lesson here is this; don't wait until it's too late before you turn round. If you need to quit, do so while there's time. To delay is to be destroyed.
Prayer: Father, help me to know when to quit before it becomes too late to do so.

Eturuvie Erebor (AKA Gabriella) is a writer, speaker, trainer and coach with a strong passion to transform the lives of women and youth not only in her native country, Nigeria and the United Kingdom, where she was born, but all across the world.  She has spoken to women and youth groups in churches,

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print