Leadership Lessons Daily 80
by ETURUVIE EREBOR

Scripture Passage: Numbers 16:1-3
Rebels Want the Perks that Come with Leading
Three men, namely, Korah, Dathan and Abiram, took men and rose up against Moses in rebellion. They said, "Ye take too much upon you, seeing all the congregation are holy, everyone of them, and the Lord is among them: wherefore then lift ye up yourselves above the congregation of the Lord?" These men were in Egypt under oppression but never confronted Pharaoh, neither did they accuse Moses as he daily stood before Pharaoh demanding the release of Israel from Egypt. At that point they were happy to have Moses lead them.
The lesson here is this; rebels do not want the challenges that come with leading, just the perks. They look at the leader and all they see are the privileges he enjoys; they fail to see the responsibility he shoulders and if they do, they want none of it. This is why Korah, Dathan and Abiram never rose up against Moses in Egypt. This is why no rebel will make an effective leader.
Prayer: Father, remove rebellion far from me.

Eturuvie Erebor (AKA Gabriella) is a writer, speaker, trainer and coach with a strong passion to transform the lives of women and youth not only in her native country, Nigeria and the United Kingdom, where she was born, but all across the world.  She has spoken to women and youth groups in churches,

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print