United We Stand
by Vanessa Grossett

'The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ.' 1 Corinthians 12:12 NIV

Recently an agent friend, made a proposal to me.

"Lets see who can get the most authors in 2015," she said.
"It's good to have goals and plans," I responded, "But no, I am not in competition with you. I will rejoice with you in your success, we are in the family of Christ we should support each other."

With that she left the conversation. Before I went into prayer, I received an email from one of my authors, who informed me in a nutshell it is hard to network with other Christian authors, especially from a particular organisation. They are more interested in self-promotion.

"It's a sad spiritual state this industry has become," was my response.

I then went into prayer; "Lord the enemy has had his hand in the Christian publishing industry for too long. Authors against authors, agents against agents, authors against agents, some publishers not wanting to invest in new authors because of money reasons. When will this stop?"

I was referred to Isaiah 6:8 'Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

When I started this agency I whole -heartedly wanted God to be in the centre. Not only did I believe being an agent was my God given destiny, but God was to use this agency as an example to what this industry is really all about, and it is all about Him, as well as reaching the lost through the gift of writing. He is using many others, such as my clients.

I am very blessed to have authors who support each other. Even if they write in the same genre, they know we are part of Gods family; this is more than just business.

Brethren you may not like a certain genre, that your fellow authors are writing in, but rather than be critical or compete against the other, support each other in love. That's because you might not like something doesn't mean it is wrong. The only time when it's wrong is if it goes against Gods word, and then you can rebuke in love. But if the writer's goal is to glorify Christ through writing, and minister to others, then what is wrong with that?

Underneath the title you would have read 1 Corinthians 12:12, we are a body of creative artist that belong to the family of Christ, however we all have different gifting's. Some may write sweet romance, edgy Christian fiction, young adult, non-fiction whatever it maybe we all have one common goal.

Let that be your prayer brethren, allow the Lord to use you to make a difference in this industry. Let us support each other, let us unite, and let go of self-centeredness. Yes you will promote yourself that is natural, but remember to give your brothers and sisters in Christ that support as well. If we as the people of God cannot turn to each other for support, then we are no different to the world.

United we stand, divided we fall. Lets not fight but united, God gave us our creative gift for one common cause, to win the lost for His Kingdom, and for His name to be glorified in all things.

John 13:35 'By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.'

Vanessa Grossett is a Literary Agent, and contributing writer for multi award winning Keep The Faith Magazine. She is also Outstanding Business Woman Finalist of 2017, visit www.theauthorscare.co.uk 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print