Christ Lives
by Susan Ferguson

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  (John 3:16)


The Bible is candid in the portrayal of its characters. We find the saints of old wrestling with sin, fear, and lapses of faith.  They teach us about life, love, and faith in God.  They send forth a message of both greatness and human frailty.  We learn that man has a sin nature and is in need of a Savior.  Out of the Father's great love for us, He sent His Son Jesus to be our Savior, who went to the cross and died for our sins.  


Let us fix our gaze on Jesus, who laid down His life for you and me.  The sinless Son of God offered Himself up as a sacrifice for our sins.  (Hebrews 7:27)  As believers in Christ, we have redemption and forgiveness of sin through His blood.  (Ephesians 1:7)  Jesus paid our sin debt in full, never to be remembered against us again.   


Jesus, the gentle Man of Sorrows (Isaiah 53:3), proved to be mightier than death itself, and on the third day, He rose from the grave in victory.  We have cause to rejoice, for Christ lives, and He sits at the Father’s right hand in heaven, interceding on our behalf.  (Romans 8:34) 


Heavenly Father, thank You that we serve a risen Savior who is alive today.  Thank You for the gift of eternal life through Christ our Savior.  May we treasure it as our most precious gift.  And may we never forget the tremendous sacrifice He made for us.  In Jesus’ name.  Amen.   




Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print