Scarlet Robe Upon the Redeemer
by PamFord Davis

We welcome in springtime with purple and yellow flowers and have come to associate the color purple with Easter. It is bright, cheerful and comes in many shades from orchid and lilac to deep purple. Royalty often wear purple robes as a symbol of wealth, authority and prestige.

Then, there is scarlet

Soldiers mocked the King of Kings and disrobed Him. With great disdain, they put a scarlet robe upon the scourged body of our Lord. He bore this humiliation before bearing the weight of my sin on Calvary.

"Then the soldiers of the governor took Jesus into the Praetorium and gathered the whole garrison around Him. And they stripped Him and put a scarlet robe on Him. When they twisted a crown of thorns, they put it on His head, and a reed was in His right hand. And they bowed the knee before Him and mocked Him, saying, 'Hail, King of the Jews!' Then they spat on Him, and took the reed and struck Him on the head. And when they had mocked Him, they took the robe off Him, put His own clothes on Him, and led Him away to be crucified (Matthew 27:27-31 NKJ)."

Jesus rules and reigns as eternal King. Apostle John, in his gospel, describes Jesus' robe as 'purple.' (John 19:2) Before His crucifixion, the Lamb of God wore a robe of mockery. Whether seen as a shade of purple or scarlet; it serves as a constant reminder of blood as crimson. Christ shed His blood to save a sinner like me. I am redeemed through His sacrificial death.

" knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot (1 Peter 1:18-19 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print