The Cross
by Cyril Almond

As we approach Easter, we think about what Jesus did for us on the cross. It takes centere stage, we should not need reminding. Because without the cross we would not had our salvation. When he went on the cross, Jesus was still a man. Some people seem to think that because of who he was. He would be oblivious to the pain.

Nothing could be further from the truth. Jesus felt the pain when he was scourged. Even more when those nails were driven into to his hands and feet. He was given a most painful death, along side criminals. One of them was promised that he would be in paradise, after he realized who Jesus was.

He was and still is the author and the finisher of our faith. Now an author is the originator of his work. This Jesus of ours knew us before we were in our mothers womb. If we look into John 1 chapter 5. verses 6-8 we know who he really was. Even now there are some in the church who deny the Trinity. The finisher of our faith? In other words as per scripture in the gospel of John chapter 19 verse 30. The last words that Jesus spoke on the cross before he died, was absolute truth. No variations no arguments, just plain truth.

That being the case, why do some of us struggle to walk into the fullness of our faith?. It can only be our human nature and our mind which according to the word of God is a mind that would seek ot fleshly things Romans chapter 8. verses 5-6. But in 1. Corinthians chapter 2. verse 16 we can have the mind of Christ. This is the same Jesus in Hebrews chapter 12. verse 2. Looking on to Jesus the author and finisher of our faith. Who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross. Despising the shame and has sat down on the right hand of the throne of God. What a saviour, and he did it all for us. Now I like that, and so should we all.



My website www.gabrielshouse .co.uk

Face Book gabrielshouse. I am a retired Pastor. I now help in a leadership team. Still preach and teach at 83. God is so good to me. I go on the streets and keep divine appointments. In these end times we need to do that.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print