The Knifes Edge
by Don Pedal

We live on the knife- edge of now.
We do not have yesterday, it is gone, it is a cancelled check. We do not have tonight or tomorrow, they are promissory notes. We will always live on the knife- edge of now. Now is the only reality we have and yet how often are we more concerned with yesterday or tomorrow? Now is when we make decisions about the next minute and beyond. How we deal with now determines the quality of our future. Our minds are usually focused on our money, politics, sports or other myriad issues that this world is constantly hammering into us. When we are confused or deeply concerned about an issue, we are invited to bring it before our Lord in prayer and ask Him, through the Holy Spirit, to give us the direction that only He can give. It helps to remember that only He knows the beginning and the end. Nothing takes Him by surprise. With Him, all things are possible.
Cherish each morning and the freedom of choices that God has given us. God did not create us to act as robots driven by fear of Him, fear of failure or our future. Are we afraid of they? "I wonder what they will say. Who are they? The only authority they have is the authority we give them.
God has given us the wonderful gift of choice. As we come before Him each day, we can be sure we will receive His guidance and blessing to make wise choices, if we will only ask Him. We will discover that He has already gone before us to smooth our path and bless us with peace and joy in our life.
Some of us are fighting feelings of indifference. The cares of this world are choking out sensitivity to the plight of others. The media begins our day with an endless list of tragedies until we feel discouraged and sometimes depressed. When we sense these feelings, we need to turn off the media and cell phones and come before our Lord in honesty, humility and talk to Him. Our Lord stands ready to step into our lives and bring us the healing we so desperately need.
If you are discouraged or disappointed, remember what the Lord said in Jer. 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." If we truly believe Him, we will find the joy and peace that only He stands ready to give.
Think about it! Remember, you live on the knife- edge of now! Procrastination is not an option. What are you waiting for?




As a senior citizen, I am dedicated to serving the Lord through sharing my experiences and insights with other believers. My primary focus is upon being an disciple of Jesus and, in being one, I can help others to find their spiritual way also. 
This article is original and not copywrited

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print