No Plan B
by PamFord Davis

When formulating a plan of action you may end up with two; if plan A fizzles, you go to the alternate plan B. Back in the 1980's, The A Team scored high in the ratings with young viewers as well as their parents. The main character, Hannibal Smith, repeatedly used an expression;"I love it when a plan comes together!" The high adventure series plots revolved around a small commando group of Vietnam Veterans with less than stellar credentials. Incarcerated for a crime they did not do, they escaped and lived on the lamb. Try as they may, military brass could not outwit them. Out maneuvering the cornels was a 24-7 tour of duty for The A Team. They became paid vigilantes, using their military tactics to assist the underdog. Week after week, viewers found the main cast of characters in circumstances beyond their control. Their foes would trap them, leaving them no visible way of escape. Though discouraged, they did not surrender. When watching, I came to expect a familiar expression, a sly grin on the face of Hannibal Smith. I'd rightly surmise that he had come up with a plan. The solving of real life problems is not as predictable. The best of man's plans do not all come together. The LORD conceived and carried out the perfect plan. He desires an intimate relationship with mankind. The sins of Adam and Eve did not derail God's purpose. As thousands of years passed, the LORD perfected His plan. Jesus, the Son of God left the glory of heaven; angels rejoiced at his Bethlehem birth. When man rejected Jesus as the Messiah, they crucified Him. The powers of darkness assumed that His death would halt God's redemption plan. Wrong, God then revealed the next step in His plan, the resurrection! "Moreover; brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I received; that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 NKJ)."



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print