Water-a necessity
by Grace Tom-Lawyer

Many years ago ,during a "Miss World"competition, one of the contestants was asked :"What three items would you take with if left on the desert?, and her answer was;.a blanket,a bottle of water and a Bible. I was very pleased at the wisdom of her answer as water and the Word of God are essential things.for life.As we celebrate World Water Day today,the many uses of water in its various forms justify the need to mark a day for it.As important as it is , there is the likelihood that its availability in some parts of the world might dampen our enthusiasm to celebrate it and take it for granted.
But Jesus never took water for granted. His ministry was identified by it(John had to baptize to know him John 1:21) and even the first miracle he performed was changing water into wine at the wedding at Cana (John 2:11). Jesus was not too busy to attend a wedding.
In so many different ways , water is like the Word of God.The source of both God's word and water is God(John 1:1;Gen 1:6). More of the earth is made up of water as well as two thirds of our bodies..Just like water is essential in the process of cleaning our bodies, the Word of God serves as a cleansing agent for us.According to the Scriptures, Christ purified the Church and sanctified it by the washing of water by Word of God(Ephesians 5:26).
Unlike physical water which we would always have to go to a source to get, the word of God can become ingrained in our hearts so that we become the outlet for a flow of rivers of living water.This was the great discovery of the woman at the well(John 4).
As we mark this World Water day,we are encouraged to be grateful for both physical and spiritual water with an emphasis on non- wastage and the need to promote the use of pure water as it relates to the Word of God(11 Tim 2:15).


Grace Tom-Lawyer  is a writer who lives in the United Kingdom  and loves to share a message that brings dignity to the lives of people with a passion for the  practical application of Biblical truths in  everyday living. 
 2014 Grace Tom-Lawyer.  All rights reserved.  
wwwflourish.blogspot.co.uk

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print