Ang
by PamFord Davis

I doubt I have ever felt extreme hunger pangs. I'm a creature of habit and habitually eat when I feel hungry; I think the current terminology is grazing. Three meals a day does not sufficiently satisfy my hunger. The food from breakfast, lunch and supper supplies most of my intake but when hunger calls, I find quick snacks. Peanut butter on crackers or bread is a favorite for munchies. They stop hunger pangs in their tracks.

Babies provide parents or guardians with hunger alerts. First, they may seem restless or whimper. If not fed, the volume of their cries goes from whimpering to wailing. At the age of twelve, I became an aunt for the first time. How could I forget my nephew Mark's sounds when he wanted to eat? It was a distinct, "Ang!" It was not coincidental because we all heard it. My sister answered his demands, providing the nourishment his hunger pangs cried for.

Hunger pangs are physical cries for food. How long can we go without eating? Hopefully, none of us will ever test those limits. Fasting by choice is commendable; starvation is tragic. I once had the privilege of hearing Campus Crusade for Christ founder, Bill Bright, speak at a Christian Coalition conference. He shared the personal benefits he had experienced during 40 day fasting.

"And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered (Luke 4:1-2 KJV)."

How did Christ endure forty days on an empty stomach? He began his wilderness temptations 'full' of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit sustained him

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print