The Offense
by PamFord Davis

I am not a sports strategist, neither am I a military strategist.

Yet, I do understand the concept of being on the offense or defense in both arenas. There are times when God calls me into offense-mode, particularly against Satan who wars against my soul. In other situations, He assigns me a defense role, standing my ground in defense of His name, honor, and truth.

The role of offense is pleasing to Him, being 'offensive' is contrary.

"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way (Psalm 139:23-24 HCS)."

He must be first in my life.

"Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength (Deuteronomy 6:5 HCS)."

I offend God when I allow anything or anyone else to come before Him. That offense is a form of idol worship. The sins of the Hebrew nation serve as a warning; they fell into idolatry and out of God's favor.

"Lead me, LORD."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print