Be a Good Little Girl
by PamFord Davis

Parents begin the molding process early.

"Pammy, you be a good little girl and play with your toys; Mommy needs to fix supper."

Teachers continue the process.

"Pamela, you did a good job; you stayed within the lines. I'm giving you a gold star!"

I want to be good. Positive societal influences have ingrained a desire for goodness in my psyche. Why is it that I fall so far from my goal?

"But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are like filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6a NKJ)."

There is hope for someone bound by rags; the LORD robes us in His righteousness.

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness (Isaiah 61:10a NKJ)."

Apostle Paul grappled with his sin problem. He had an earnest longing to do what was right; yet, he confessed to repeated failures.

"For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am (Romans 7:22-24a NKJ)!"

Desperate, he sought intervention.

"Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank Godthrough Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 7:24b-25a NKJ)!"

I do want to do right; when I do sin, I seek God's forgiveness.

"If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print