A Better Way To Celebrate February 14.19
by Olawale Ogunsola

Let me share how I spent my FEBUARY 14, 2015 with you. This is not the only way to do this.

On Febuary 9, 2015, I began a prayer expedition or exploration that took me to many places as designed and commanded by God. On the sixth day which concidentally was a day set aside as " Lovers' Day" or "Valentine's Day" named after saint Valentine. The day was a memorable one.

About 12:00 am on February 14, I was to hold a vigil with a family of seven persons : Father, mother and their five children. I invited the couple to have a few minute discussion with them. However, this went on for not less than one-and-a-half hours.

This family was not only living in abject poverty but also in serious bitterness of heart towards each other.

The husband confessed to hating prayers and he never hesitated to beat his wife anytime she persisted on inviting him to pray with her.

Not only this, the man identified "lack of money" as their main cause of bitterness towards each other.

The wife politely hesitated and declared that love and understanding are the core missing ingredients in their marital meal. She also pointed out that if there is money and those materials are absent, there will be no joy and sweetness.

Then the work began.

The Holy Spirit took over, we, without previous planning, discussed everything based on I Corinthians chapter thirteen. Each verse was well analysed and they reasoned together with me on what the Holy Spirit shared with us.

Finally, we prayed together and I separated them to pray on there own as a family which lasted a few minutes to four o'clock on the a.m.side. Now, he husband has developed interest in praying with the wife.

Glory be to God!

Do you know what? That was the first time I have met with them.
This happened on a Lovers' day.

By God's special grace , I , by the help of the Holy Spirit , spent quality time running into hours reading and meditating on my Lover's love letters, The Holy Bible , which really opened my eyes to many things in those letters.

After this I decided to share my love with others with the following words:
"The steadfast love of the Lord will never cease in your life and His mercy will never come to an end. Both will become new each day. Happy Valentine's day!"

Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print