Highly Favored
by Kathy Ledbetter

The definition of favor is to feel or show approval or preference for; an attitude of approval. So we can say that to find God's favor is to find His approval.

Being favored of God does not mean our bank account is overflowing with funds. Everybody loves us. Our lives are more up than down. Trouble still comes. Trouble will always come, because evil roams around stirring up chaos. Illness will visit, financial struggles will stop by, and we will all experience death of those we love. In due time we know what will happen to the evil in the world. But let us not dwell on evil. Jesus defeated the ability for evil to prevail, on the cross. He will return one day and take care of that bad guy once and for all. Today...Today, let's dwell on what it means to find favor.

When those difficult times come? We are not alone in them. We have God's ear to hear our prayers and to walk with us through the shadows. He stands watch over us so that we can rest in peace at night, no matter what happens during our day. We will pray and God will hear. Prayers will be answered. Some may be answered in unexpected ways. Some may be painful answers. But He sees the beginning from the end. He sees what we cannot see. As a very popular song proclaims...He is God, I am not.

Does He force His favor on us? Nope. He did not tie up Adam and Eve to keep them from eating from that tree and He will not force His Son on us nor His favor. We are made to do a lot of things in this world. If we are wives, husbands, moms, dads, sons, daughters or employees there are many things that we must do because we have no choice. We must show up and do our best or our worst, whether we feel like it or not. The only choice is whether we do the best or our absolute worst. It is up to us. But our mighty, all powerful God will not force us to love Him, read His word, obey His word or receive His Son as our Savior. He will not force the blood of Jesus on us. He will tenderly knock on the door of our heart, but never kick the door in. It is up to us...To open the door and invite Him in. With Him comes God's love, discipline and favor.

What to do? Ask! When you ask, favor comes flooding into your soul in the form of love, wisdom, mercy, grace and forgiveness. He desires to shower us with all that and more. A force standing ready to defend us. A love that has no boundaries. Grace that covers a multitude of sins.

He has left His GPS within the covers of His Word. A map to His heart. To His favor. The only thing left to do is start reading the messages He has left for us. Pray, receive and obey. Now, is that too much to give in exchange for the favor of God?

Scripture For Today:

Psalms 37:23

23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. (NLT)

Psalms 5:12

12 For you bless the godly, O Lord; you surround them with your shield of love.(NLT)

2 Peter 1:3

3 By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. (NLT)

Prayer For Today:

Hello Father! We pray for Your divine favor to find us. We desire to know more and more about Your unending love for us. We pray for wisdom to dwell with us when it comes to the choices in our daily lives. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Forgive us of our sins. In Jesus' name. Amen.

I celebrate fifty years married to the love of my life in January 2017. We have two beautiful daughters, son-in-laws and four precious grandchildren. I love to study God's word and write about His love for us. 

(C) 2015 Kathy Ledbetter All Rights Reserved
www.hellofatherdevotionals.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print