Betrayal
by Cyril Almond

Chapter 14 the Gospel of Mark.

This chapter starts of with the Jewish religious establishment. Plotting to kill Jesus and this chapter shows how it was done.
For that to happen, there had to be someone on the inside. Who would provide the time and the place?. We all know that was Judas, and of course money was the incentive. And yet Jesus must have known because this was prophesied, that it would happen.

Just think for a minute as to how we would have felt if someone you had constant companionship with would do such a thing to you and betray you. You had taught them and they had witnessed all the miracles, signs and wonders. And yet as you come up to this time of departure from the disciples that one of your own would do it.

Jesus had a compassionate nature and he must have had a heavy heart about Judas. Yet he had to say about him that is would have been better if he had not been born. And what about Peter when Jesus told him that he would deny him three times. When Peter was recognized as being one of the disciples he denied it. Even to the point of blaspheming on the third time he was challenged.

At this time he remembered that Jesus told him before the cock crows twice you will deny me three times It is also as well to recall that in our Lords time of trial , that his disciples deserted him. Jesus was a man who spoke under the anointing of the Holy Spirit. But what a man, sinless, and still human. Every thing that was slung at him he took without a murmur of protest. He knew that to redeem the human race he had to die as a human. Now that is some man. Who now is transfigured and sits on the right hand of his and our Father.

No longer a human, but part of the Trinity that we shall one day see face to face. Let us go back to the teaching of Jesus. We can be taught by the same person in the power of Holy Spirit. Our lord Jesus can call us by name the same as he did to Mary Magdalene in the grounds of the empty tomb, the minute he called her name she knew his voice. Jesus said my sheep know my voice. John chapter 10. verses 2-5.
2. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3. To him the doorkeeper opens and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own by name and leads them out.
4. And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them and the sheep follow him for they know his voice.
5. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.
So we should know the voice of our great shepherd, the same as Mary did.
People that we know well, we know their voice. We should know our Lord Jesus well enough to know his voice. Seeing as the Holy Spirit is his voice. We need to spend time with him. Otherwise we might be the same as Peter when he was indignant when told what he would do. Startling though it might seem, it was obvious that Peter did not know the Lord well enough. We all know that afterwards, Peter certainly knew his voice alright. Some times it takes a jolt like that to bring us out of our complacency. So we can take stock of where we are with Jesus. There is no other way we really get to know him other than spending time with him. That is a lovely thing to do, but it takes persistence and the reward ?. We get to know his voice and when he wants to lead us down a certain path, we will obey and rejoice. There are many worldly voices that would try and lead us astray. But when we know his voice, and remember he calls his own. What a thrill to know we belong to Jesus. Amen.

My website www.gabrielshouse .co.uk

Face Book gabrielshouse. I am a retired Pastor. I now help in a leadership team. Still preach and teach at 83. God is so good to me. I go on the streets and keep divine appointments. In these end times we need to do that.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print