Why You Need The Holy Spirit In Your Life Today
by Ngozi Nwoke

Have you ever felt lonely and desired a friend who will accept you as you are? Or have you ever felt like being alone but still desired to talk to a higher personality? I know who fits well to who you desire to fellowship with; He is the Holy Spirit. This article tells you why the Spirit of God is your best helper.

But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you - John 14:26 (AMP)

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come- John 16:13 (NKJV)

Once in a while people get to a point where they wish they are like God Almighty: omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient. They wish that with the wave of their hands, everything will align according to their plans. And sometimes, the circumstances will be so frustrating that you won't want to see another soul for some time. If you are in such a state you need the Spirit of God.

The Holy Spirit is the third person of the trinity (1 John 5:7), comprising God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is the force behind creation (Genesis 1:2) and the administrator of all God's plans, and is presently full-time on earth to represent Jesus and act on His behalf (John 14:26, AMP).

The Spirit of the Lord is here to comfort you, counsel, help, intercede, advocate and strengthen you. He is also your standby that will never disappoint or fail you. Every other person or thing may fail you but not the Spirit of God, who is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.

He is the voice deep down you telling you that all will be well. And He being the Spirit of truth (John 1:13) will never tell you a lie or deceive you. You can rely on Him absolutely! He is the perfect guide for He knows the end from the beginning (Revelations 22:13). He will teach you all things (John 14:26), including how to solve that problem and show you things to come (John 16:13), so no need for guess-work or trial and error.

And if you are struggling with any habit or sin, the Holy Spirit's anointing is able to break its yoke upon your life (Isaiah 10:27). He is able to wash and renew you - Titus 3:5. He makes you free from the law of sin and death, and helps you to put to death the deeds of the flesh so that you may live - Romans 8:2, 13.

Again, if it is in your health, the Spirit of the Lord is able to give life to your mortal body, thereby restoring your health - Romans 8:11; for God wishes above all things that you are in good health - 3 John 2.

Truly, whatever that is right that you would want God to do for you, the Spirit of God will do it. He is your helper; your present help in time of need - Psalm 46:1. He is closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24) and tighter than any other friend. He is willing to be with you every second if you will allow Him.

You need the Spirit of the creator of the universe to succeed in life. Nothing is hidden from Him and nothing is impossible with Him. Do you need wisdom? The Holy Spirit will give it to you for He is the Spirit of wisdom (Ephesians 1:17). What of excellence? He is the Spirit of excellence; Daniel was preferred above other presidents and princes because he had the Spirit of excellence (Daniel 6:3). Or is it prosperity? He is the administrator of the power God gives you to get wealth - Deuteronomy 8:18.

Furthermore, your relationship with God and ultimately eternal life is impossible without the help of the Holy Ghost. Salvation is through the help of the Spirit of Lord and He bears you witness that you are a child of God (Romans 8:16). He gives you understanding of the word of God and reveals Christ to you (John 16:14-15) and teaches you to pray - Romans 8:26-27.

In addition, He empowers you to live a victorious life (Acts 1:8) and distributes the gifts of the Holy Spirit to you for the work of God - 1 Corinthians 12:4-11. The Spirit of God shares the love of God in your heart and gives you hope (Romans 5:5), gives you joy (1 Thessalonians 1:6), helps you to obey God (1 Peter 1:22) and to share the gospel of Christ with others - 1 Peter 1:12. Also, by Him you are sealed unto the day of redemption - Ephesians 4:30, and of the Spirit will you reap everlasting life.

In conclusion, the Holy Spirit will do all these and much more for you, for this is why Jesus sent Him - Acts 2:33. All you need to enjoy the help of the Spirit of God is to become a child of God and ensure that you don't grieve the Spirit (Ephesians 4:30). Receive Christ today if you have not and your life will be full of peace and joy.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print