Winter, Do your work in me.
by Jennifer Cardinal

Another morning. I look out my window, I see the tender green shoots budding on a tree. They remind me of new beginnings. Bright green and full of promise. It has been a long winter here in New England. Cold. Wet. Grey days. Snow. Lots of snow. Lots and lots of snow. Winter can be harsh. I want it to end. I think about the cool spring mornings, the first flowers that bloom , the sunny days when I can feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. I want to live in the Spring. Always. I would build a house there if I could. Winter. Cold, Snowy Winter. The days are shorter, the nights are longer. It's harder for me to get out of bed. But oh in the Spring I wake up with the rising sun early in the morning, I look forward to hikes and bike rides and picnics. Oh glorious Spring. The birds chirp. The sky is blue. The grass is green. I could go on and on and on about Spring. Winter doesn't harken to my heart the same way spring does. But God reminds me Winter has it's place and it is beautiful too. When it's cold out , I tend to want to get cozy and warm , my pace slows down. It tend to be more still , to hibernate indoors. I may read a book, write in my journal, cook a pot of stew. It's a more reflective time. A quieter time. Yes, Winter has it's own purpose both in nature and in my soul. Rather than trying to rush through it and get to Spring I am asking God to help me embrace Winter. To see it's beauty, in the cold, and in the piles of snow. To not grow weary but to rather know and take solace that really without winter there would be no Spring. The cycles of life, the cycles of nature, the cycles of our souls , they are all the same. Each season brings about it's own purpose and it's own meaning. So yes , the winter of my soul, I embrace you and take joy in you for God allows you to work out good things in me this I know.

PRAYER : Lord help me to not rush through the winter seasons in my life. Help me to know that in them a great work is being done so that I may actually rejoice and take joy in those seasons. Work out my faith in me Lord . I know these winter seasons will bring my life to new beginnings but help me to not rush through it. Let winter have it's full season in me. Let me TRUST in you keep my FOCUS on you and BELIEVE in you. Amen.

Please contact me directly at [email protected]

My family and I recently moved across the US from NV to CT.  This has brought about great change in our lives as well as in my own personal walk with God. I have re-discovered an old love of mine in this process - writing. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks for reading.  [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print