Bewail My Fears
by PamFord Davis

I am cowardly by nature, thrive on acceptance and wince at rejection. Yet, standing upon my Christian convictions is not optional; it is essential. Bearing my soul, I bewail my fears.

Humanistic and heathen influences run rampant.

"Now the works of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, moral impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and anything similar, about which I tell you in advanceas I told you beforethat those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God (Galatians 5:19-21 HCS)."

Red flags serve as high wave warnings; God raises His banner and warns through Holy Spirit inspired Scripture. I need to stand up for Jesus; He laid down His life for me. Today, in morning mediation and prayer He succinctly spoke through His unsheathed sword.

Before I can take a consistent bold stand, I first must humble myself and bend the knee. He is my source of strength.

"Finally, be strengthened by the Lord and by His vast strength. Put on the full armor of God so that you can stand against the tactics of the Devil. For our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the world powers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens. This is why you must take up the full armor of God, so that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having prepared everything, to take your stand, Stand therefore (Ephesians 6:10-14a HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print