Wisdom and Foolishness
by Gregory John Monroe

The following thoughts came from reading 1 Corinthians 1: 18-31.

It seems that before the foundation of this world was laid, God in His wisdom granted that the world would search for Him. But He also knew that in its sinful wisdom, humanity would invent its own religions and gods, wherein He would not be found.

He understood that the world would not know Him because of its approach; an approach of thinking and of ways that are so much lower than His thoughts and ways. The world through its methods and philosophies sees itself as wise and clever. Entrenched in its sophistication, it is the perfect setup, though, for a marked, contrasting truth to stand out.

This is why the cross, and Christ crucified, so brilliantly appear as foolishness. God is pleased and loves it this way. He delights in what the world thinks of as foolishness. For by Him choosing the foolish, His wisdom proves itself to be right. It is the foolish, the weak, and the base things of this world that God so often chooses to bring shame to the wise, noble, and strong.

It is good that the world sees the gospel spreading from the foolish. The world would then have to think that there must be something to the gospel. For the gospel transforming lives is a powerful, tangible testimony. It is God's power on display; a power that shouts to the world, "Look at Jesus. He is My wisdom that can save you from sin forever!"

That lives can be so miraculously changed by a foolish message delivered by despised and foolish people, is an attention-getting light in this dark world. It is a light that can wake up the world's chic and urbane, causing them to re-think their course of action.

Many will come to realize that the perceived foolishness that God offers is wiser than any wisdom offered up by the world.

Many will be shocked by Gregory's book, The Three Angels' Message. It ID's Antichrist and the "mark of the beast," and the role both are playing today in the end-time issue of worship. The book's biblical  & historical proof can't be denied. Get more info now at http://www.tinyurl.com/6pk3pyq

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print