You are Always with Him
by Yvette Nietzen

Luke 15:31 "And he said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours.


The parable of the lost son is a popular one. The story is of the son that asked for his fathers inheritance, spent all the money and found himself broke. He then decided to go back to his fathers house to work as a servant so that he can at least eat better than the pigs he was feeding at the time.

A big surprise awaits him upon his return. His father brings out his best robe, gave him a ring and placed sandals on his feet. His father had compassion on him and rejoiced that he was home once again.

What I would like to point out to you is the brothers reaction. Notice the verse above states, all that I have is yours. This brother did not ask his father for anything nor did not take the time to stop and see what was rightfully his as the rich mans son. He was so busy doing the work that he did not realize that he could enjoy his inheritance. His reaction to his father proves that. He mentions the many years he had been serving him, and he never gave him a young goat. The brother never bothered to stop and ask his father for a gift or party.


Friends, this is not what God wants from us. Our father wants us to have a relationship. He wants us to be in his presence and receive from Him. He wants us to ask of Him, he wants us to come to Him humbly and be that son or daughter. God receives us when we come to him in our sin, repented. He does not condemn us but loves us. God enjoys it when as his children, we ask of Him. The word says in Luke 11:11 "If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish?

Are you too busy doing the work and not spending time with the Father in His presence? Stop, evaluate yourself and your circumstances and see where your relationship with your heavenly Father stands. He is there, waiting.

Yvette Nietzen lives in the foothills of the Zurqui mountain in Costa Rica with her husband of 30 plus years.  View her blog at:
www.freshwind-ministries.org

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print