Two Keys To A Sure Promotion
by Olawale Ogunsola

Promotion is very important in the life of people. To remain on the same level for long is not a thing to be desired in that it becomes a routine and boring. It does not even bring honor and glory.

There is nothing to celebrate in stagnation.

If you are promoted, your life will improve and it will bring along with it honor and glory.

One sure thing is that promotion does not come on a platter of gold. There are conditions that attract it. If you meet them, promotion will surely come your way. To save time and space, let me put them into two questions.

Question One.
What do you work for?
I read a story many years ago that can help you to answer the above question and make necessary changes.

Now, the story.

Two Gardners were employed on the same day in the same corporation. Twenty years after, one of them, named "B", became the Chief Executive Officer of that Corporation.

It was "A" who narrated the story; he was still working as a Gardner in that same place of work.

When his interviewer asked him the reasons for the promotion of "B" and his remaining as a Gardner . His reply was,
" "B" worked for the corporation but I worked for my pay (wages) only. "

Can you picture any difference between the two? Did "B" deserve his promotion? Did "A" deserve remaining on the same level?

Which one do you want, promotion or stagnation?

If you are the type who work for the money or gain, you are an hindrance to your own promotion. What do you want after your pay? Then, you must pay for it.

Every corporation will pay attention to any employee who work for it because such staff member loves his employer and seeks her welfare. Such employer will look for opportunities to compensate a worker with hardwork.

A common complaint of a lazy or stagnant worker is "What is my salary or wages?" Or "What am I earning? The working hours are over, I cannot work any extra hours except they can convert it to cash."

These and other such complaints come from him. No wonder many workers agitate always for "a pay rise". A question that should be asked is "Do they deserve it?"

I am not against any demand for a pay increase. Certain employers are exploiters. They never think of compensating hardworking staff. Workers should agitate for their entitlements.

To be promoted, work hard for your employers and seek their good.

Question two.
Who do you work for?
Besides what you work for, you must iron out "who you work for". What am I saying? You must answer the question, are you working for man or the Lord?

To work for man is to receive your rewards from man. You must note that man is limited, his resources are finite. His power is limited. Man also can easily forget your past and current good deeds. He may even appreciate them but lacks the means of rewarding you accordingly.

On the other hand, if you work in any capacity for the Lord, you stand a great chance to gain what you never planned or expected.

Reasons?

Read what the Scriptures reveal about the Lord,
"The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof ; the world, and they that dwell therein.
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us." Psalm 24:1; Ephesians 3:20.

When you work for the Lord, you will have rest of mind. Your work becomes stress free. You will experience peace of God.

Register this in your heart as the Scriptures confirms,
"It is vain for you to rise up early to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows:
For so he giveth his beloved sleep." Psalm 127:2.

Note that what obtains as an employee holds as a self-employed man. Be more interested in making a good name than in making money. Your goodwill will attract cash, sooner or later.

Do you desire promotion from the Lord? Do you want Him to elevate you? Now and forever, do everything "...as unto the Lord," and He will surely reward you with great promotions you never think of.
Stay blessed and rapturable, the Lord is coming soon.


The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print