The Home Place
by PamFord Davis

I married at the age of eighteen. Soon after, as a young bride I moved over 1,000 miles away from family and the familiarity of my childhood home. It was both an adventure and a culture shock; there are vast differences between the Northeast and states in the Deep South. I made the adjustments , yet kept close ties to family and friends back home.

Trips back to the home-place during the early years of our marriage were sporadic and special. I can recall the feelings of anticipation as I planned for visits, the 24-hour drive and the first sight of our house in Mycenae. I was home.

I'm lookin' forward to goin' home!


"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God; believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know (John 14:1-4 NKJ)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print