Five Ways You Can Be Involved In A Rift.
by Olawale Ogunsola

A man and his young son were glued a Television set when the news was in progress. One of the news highlights was on a raging war in a certain country. At this point, the child asked his father,
"Daddy, how does a war start?"

Before the man could answer, the mother who was going from the kitchen to the bedroom answered at the top of her voice,
"Honey, you must tell that boy the truth o!"

She slammed the door after which she entered the room furiously.

Then the boy turned to his father and said,
"Daddy, don't say anything. I now understand perfectly how a war begins"

Do you also understand the lesson here! This takes us to the first point on how you can be involved in a rift.

1. You can ignite the fire of a rift between you and others. You can also do same between persons. One important fact is that it is very difficult for you to examine the cause of a rift very well and on your own conclude that you are responsible for starting it.

A common response is to hold others accountable for it. When you are even singled out as the author of a rift, you may not agree.

An African proverb says, "A man who is guilty of an offence and does not agree causes war on his city. "

The truth of the matter is that you can originate a rift. Where you have done this, do not hesitate to own up. Offer a simple but powerful
"I am sorry! I am responsible for the whole thing."
Ability to do this will put paid to any ensuing rift.

Learn to do this and you will be at peace.

2. You can fuel a rift. Besides igniting the fire of a rift, you can fuel a rift you did not start. You can fan the ember of rifts. You can add insults to injuries.

This may be a rift between you and another person or one between other people.

You can do this by your words and/deeds.

You can say things that will aggravate it. Words have power. Words are spirits! They achieve results, positive or negative, where you sent them.

Likewise, your actions or reactions can be contributory tools. "Action", they say, "speaks louder than voice."

Do you do this to fuel any rift?

Words or deeds, what you employ to fuel a rift can be withdrawn. You can simply apologize over what you have said or done. You can also stop those words and actions which give energy to a rift. Then peace and love will reign supreme.

Before now, you may not know, an end to a rift lies in your words or action.
Therefore, if you want to end any rift, withdraw any words or actions that contribute negatively to it.

3. You can elongate the period of time a rift will last. Do you know that you may be the anchor man of elongation of the time a misunderstanding will last? For example, if it is between you and someone else, when the other person is ready to end it, you can refuse to.

Towards the end of March 2015, a misunderstanding ensued between two women. One of them exclaimed,
"Never! Never! I will not have anything to do with you!"
When the other woman will be ready for reconciliation, do you think the first woman will be ready for it? She has vowed to continue as long as she lives.

Thanks to God who changed her mind when people of God talked to her.

Do you elongate the lifespan of a rift? This ought not to be. Have a change of attitude. Learn to forgive and forget.

4. You can extinguish the fire of a rift.
It is a godly act to be a mediator in any rift. It is honorable to extinguish a burning or newly kindled fire of discord.

You can do anything within your power to put an end to any wrangling between you and another person. You can do same between other persons. Have you heard this before,
"Blessed are the peacemakers
For they shall be called sons of God."?
You can become "blessed" by being a peacemaker. You will also be honored to be called a son/daughter of Almighty God.

5. You can inform or invite someone who can be a fire extinguisher to a rift. For many reasons, you may not be in position to end a rift but this doesn't prevent you from bringing it to the ears of those who can do it.
Stay blessed and rapturable because the Lord is coming soon.

The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print