The Ultimate Trailblazer
by Patricia Charlton

If you and I desire to continue on this journey to a humble place of honor, we must understand the ultimate trailblazer Jesus Christ. Trailblazers leave maps with a set of instructions to guide those that follow in their footsteps. So, it is with Jesus Christ.

Before Christ accepted his father's assignment Jesus did this: "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men." (Philippians 2: 7) This is the first qualification for a spiritual trailblazer. Did you get it? You and I must lay aside our pride of life and accomplishments and become a servant to the Most High.

Not only was Christ a servant, but Jesus also did this: "And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled, became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Philippians 2: 8) Humility demands obedience to our authority figure. Only God the Father has the master plan for Christ's life and anyone's life. Even thou Jesus Christ still retained his power, he did this: "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge; and my judgement is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which has sent me." (John 5: 30) When you and I serve the Lord in our fleshly power, we insult the Most High God. Humility waits for orders and responses in the power of the Holy Spirit.

A humble trailblazer practices this mind set: "If any men (women) desires to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant to all." (Matthew 27: 64) Jesus always placed others before himself - especially his Father's wishes.

If there is one thing that Christ demonstrates about humility, it was this: training others for service. None has or ever will have a ministry like Jesus Christ. With only twelve spiritually dense disciples and no writing agent, publisher, television or radio show, the world somehow hears about the continuing work of Jesus Christ. Even thou his earthly ministry was limited to several years, the message about redemption lives on in the lives of future disciples. Humility trusts God and instills in others the ability to forward a heavenly kingdom. Never at anytime did Christ over ride His Fathers orders.

A test for an ultimate trailblazing assignment involves the ability to turn over a fruitful ministry into the hands of another. If the Holy Spirit gave that command, could you turn over the ministry you lead to someone else. Jesus did! Christ primary purpose on earth was training his future spiritual trailblazers for the cross and a ministry of redemption.

In closing, I feel pressed in my spirit to mention that God waits and longs to send more trailblazers into uncharted areas in the worldly darkness. Where are the instructors with lessons on servanthood, on obedience, and endurance? Where are the spiritual trailblazers with flaming swords of righteousness? Christ endured many hardships so that you and I find the straight path into the presence of a Holy God.

Devotional writer for EzraWeb and a contributing columnist for Crossmap, Patricia shares her experiences with the power of God to make anyone more than a conqueror. Her passion is Jesus and her venue is writing. Contact Patricia: [email protected]
www.devotionsfortoday.blogspot.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print