Popularity
by PamFord Davis

Children, teens and college & career age young adults deal with outward peer pressures and inner longings for popularity. To be honest, we never completely outgrow those feelings.

Because of Adam & Eve's sin, mankind first experienced fear of rejection in the Garden of Eden. That may in part explain why we blame ourselves when the in-crowd does not accept us. It hurts to be unpopular.

A religious leader's popularity is not necessarily a mark of right standing with God.

"Woe to you when people speak well of you, because this is the way their ancestors used to treat the false prophets (Luke 6:26 HCS)."

If you have a pastor that unashamedly proclaims Bible truth, support them with your prayers and words of encouragement. They will not always be popular

God sent an unpopular message with Ezekiel.

"Whether they listen or refuse [to listen]for they are a rebellious housethey will know that a prophet has been among them. But you, son of man, do not be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns are beside you and you live among scorpions. Don't be afraid of their words or be discouraged by [the look on] their faces, for they are a rebellious house. But speak My words to them whether they listen or refuse [to listen], for they are rebellious (Ezekiel 2:5-7 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print