Vivid Recollections
by PamFord Davis

Why do recollections of some experiences flood my mind while others elude me?

Earlier this morning, memories of pleading words by Grandpa Ford were both clear and convicting.

The scene is Eaton-Tubbs Funeral Home. Family and friends somberly gather to grieve the death of Grandma, Grace Belle Freeborn Ford. After sixty-five years of marriage, her passing leaves Grandpa alone to contemplate how he can carry on without her.

My siblings and I love Grandpa dearly; though we deal with our own sorrow, we feel compelled to comfort him. Nearly deaf, he sits alone unable to mingle with those who pay their respects. As we reach his side, I hold his hand in mine. His face is a silent witness to heartbreak within.

He briefly breaks his silence.

"Your Grandma wanted you to go to Sunday school."

We are not fulfilling her wishes.

I fast forward to the present day

Grandpa knew well the heart cries of his beloved Belle. Her deepest desire was that her adult sons and their children would love the LORD, his house and Bible study.

"And let us be concerned about one another in order to promote love and good works, not staying away from our meetings, as some habitually do, but encouraging each other, and all the more as you see the day drawing near (Hebrews 10:24-25 HCS)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print